Sunday 10 June 2012

Escaping to another world with movies

                                            
I havent watched a movie for awhile but I love them. It is nice to be able to head off to the cinema or slip in a blue ray dvd and watch a movie. It is nice to slip off from your own world sometimes and escape to the land of make believe. One of the first movies I went to see as a child at the drive in was Bed knobs and broomsticks. The whole family piled into the old family station wagon and off we went to our small town drive in. Thus starting me going to the occasional drive in movie with my Dad. Sort of like Dad and daughter time (though you wouldnt catch me doing this now... but that is another story). That followed by some Lassie movies and when I was abit older the Star Wars movies started. Sadly the drive in shut down when I was in my early teens. The land was sold off and it became a brand new housing estate. Mind you I dont live back in my country hometown now. It is the big city for me where I can go to the cinema or drive in both which are very close to us whenever time permits. The last movie I saw at the drive was a few weeks ago. We loaded the teenagers (Tyson, Ben and a few of their mates) into two cars with Jaxon and off we went. The movies on show were a cartoon which I forget the name of but one of the lates Drs Seuss ones THE LORAX whatever and then  The American Pie Reunion. Wouldnt pay to go see that again. Jax was a dream though. He slept thru most of both movies in his car seat. It will be awhile off before I can get to the cinema with Jaxon being not quite 6 months so for now trips to the drive in and watching movies at home,when I have the time will have to do!


                                                 
Some of my favourite all time movies are Titanic (yes with Leonardo & Kate)...... TROY (Ohhhh I could not get enough of Brad Pitts bare butt and his other muscles in this movie) and a quirky Drew Barrymore movie called Never Been Kissed.. There are lots more but its late and I am tired and I have spent allday putting the finishing touches on my T21video for YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment