Tuesday 20 November 2012

Lincoln Fires


Bushfires are a big problem here in Australia once the warmer months start. Although it is still officially Spring come December 1st, this marks the first day of Summer for us. At the moment in my state, South Australia there have already been a few bushfires with a decent sized one over on the Eyre Peninsula at Port Lincoln. Hopefully the changing wind will continue to come and the fire will head away from the direction of the town. As much as Lincoln and the Peninsula are used to fighting these bushfires you still dont like them happening!

4 comments:

  1. Hello. I just stumbled across your blog while dooing some googlesearch about downs syndrome. Thought I would say hello to you over there. My name is Eeva and I live in Sweden. My sweet Alice is 20 months old and has DS too. I have a blog too :) http://photohall.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope that the fires will be at a minimum or non-existing. We are under a fire warning right now as it is so dry here. It hasn't come a good rain in a very long while. keep safe my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Eva... Sorry I have only just seen your message. Will try and stop by your blog now. Greetings from Australia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the fires stayed away from your place Tammie xx

    ReplyDelete